We Were (Mostly) Right About the Oscars: Paradox Podcast Episode 77
Jordan and Matthias have a special Part I and Part II episode this week! In the first part of this recording, you’ll hear our predictions for the Oscar nominations (recorded Monday), quickly followed by our reactions to the official noms (recorded today).
How close were our predictions? Listen to find out. We discuss the Best Picture category, then dive into our respective passions as Jordan dissects Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress and Matthias looks at the Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects races.
Also in this episode:
- Why this wasn’t Jessica Chastain’s year
- Can Meryl be nominated too many times?
- The problematic Best Picture nomination in a year of sexual abuse allegations
- Marketing vs. reality for “The Shape of Water”
- Is Christopher Nolan our Stanley Kubrick?